Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

03 renegade

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jason87

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: 03 renegade Reply with quote

so im looking to buy a 03 renegade but it has 130k miles, is this a deal breaker, what repairs should i see coming, also where can i get the thicker roof rack that matches the light bar if i do get it?

thanks alot
meduncan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purchased an '03 Renegade just this summer and it had 117K miles. The emergency brake wouldn't hold the Jeep still when the Jeep was in drive even though I wasn't touching the gas. Beyond that, the only things that I would classify as a non-routine maintenance was that I had to replace the valve cover gaskets and the left upper control arm. The control arm's rubber boot was shredded so the ball joint wouldn't have lasted much longer.

In the routine maintenance side of things I replaced the rotors, pads, plugs, coils, air filter, all the fluids were changed, and the battery was replaced. Those were really of my own choice though as I like to start "clean" with a used vehicle.

Every vehicle is different so take my entire list with a grain of salt. The Liberty is a great Jeep and if you're intersted in a used one I would suggest that before you purchase it you should take it over to a Goodyear shop and have them do a used car inspection. It'll probably cost around $50 - $75, but it will give you piece of mind on your purchase decision.

**Prior Jeeps**
Wranglers 1989, 1998, 2005
Liberty's 2004 Renegade
elijah

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meduncan wrote:
I purchased an '03 Renegade just this summer and it had 117K miles. The emergency brake wouldn't hold the Jeep still when the Jeep was in drive even though I wasn't touching the gas. Beyond that, the only things that I would classify as a non-routine maintenance was that I had to replace the valve cover gasket set and the left upper control arm. The control arm's rubber boot was shredded so the ball joint wouldn't have lasted much longer.

In the routine maintenance side of things I replaced the rotors, pads, plugs, coils, air filter, all the fluids were changed, and the battery was replaced. Those were really of my own choice though as I like to start "clean" with a used vehicle.

Every vehicle is different so take my entire list with a grain of salt. The Liberty is a great Jeep and if you're intersted in a used one I would suggest that before you purchase it you should take it over to a Goodyear shop and have them do a used car inspection. It'll probably cost around $50 - $75, but it will give you piece of mind on your purchase decision.

bump!

I've been trying to look for a post about renegade because my friend is planning to buy one and he already have seen one that is for sale near his place but his kinda worried about the 90k miles. So we tried searching over the net and it's kinda hard looking for a guide on what parts to check for a renegade. Luckily we found this post which seems kinda helpful. Anyway, we're gonna tried checking out the things you mentioned and thanks for sharing it even though the thread is quite old.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Liberty Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: