Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pulls Left

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wrightld

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:33 am    Post subject: Pulls Left Reply with quote

Replaced front brake pads and rotors on my 1997 TJ. Right caliper subsequently froze up. Replaced right caliper and brake hose but reused pads and rotor which clearly took on some heat during the freeze-up event. Rotor had that blue-ish tint to it but does not appear to be warped but I am getting slight pull to the left on braking, which might be solved with a good bleed.

Obviously, best practice is probably to replace the new, possibly overheated rotor and pads. What you you-all think?
IBTJn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I've ever just replaced one rotor and one set of pads before? I suppose folks do it though. In any event, I would think the glazing from the heat on both pads and rotor (old non-repaired side) would cause it to grab harder. But I could be wrong on that. Like I said, I've always replaced both. But I suppose you could try resurfacing the rotor and throwing a new set of pads on. That'd probably be the next best thing to replacing the rotor.

I'm not entirely sure if this is accurate, but I recall most of the Chrysler OE rotors were only good for a single turn. I know on my Dodge Truck that's the case.

Not much help, but something to consider. Good luck.
quadna71

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look for divots in the knuckle right where the pads are supposed to slide back and forth. It's a common problem that will causing pulling when you brake due to the pads not centering themselves.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: