Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fuel filter replacement 85 wagoner

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doja Dank

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Fuel filter replacement 85 wagoner Reply with quote

Ok so here is the problem, A few days ab=go my jeep decided that it just didn't want to go anymore. Well ok it was drivable, but when I tried to accelerate it would bog down. It would also start to i guess shimmy would discribe it, or even better it felt like it wanted to go, but somthing was holding it back. Talked to a few people, and read my repair manuel and decided to start with the fuel filter replacement. ( you know cheapest thing to fix) Well here inlays the problem. I followed the directions to a T and when I tried to remove the Fuel inlet nut It is just sitting in there spinning. I got it to back out to the end of the threads, but it will not back out any further. I can see the filter but the inlet nut will not back out enough to remove and replace the filter, and with the angle that it is at right now, I cannot replace the nut back to original position either.

So after all that here is the question. Do you have any tips for removeing the fuel inlet nut, or am I just skrewed and have to take it to a shop?

This is very important to me being as this is my DD, and I have no other transportation to and from work. So any and all help is greatly apreciated!
Brad The Best

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hate to say this but post up a picture .

otherwise i would suggest pulling harder .
Doja Dank

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

didn't even think of putting pic up will do tonight when I get home from work some time around 10pm pacific time thanks for reminding me
Doja Dank

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best my phone will do in the dark, will try to get more in the day light

Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like it's crossthreaded. Is there damaged threads on the carb or filter plug? If you think it's all the way out, then use a pair of channel locks to grab the fitting from the line end and wiggle up and down, while you twist side to side. You may need some teflon tape on the threads when reinstalling to prevent leaks, if the fitting is reusable. Hopefully the carb itself isn't stripped out.
Doja Dank

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I figured out that the filter and spring were installed backwards. I.E. the spring is caught on the fuel line inside the inlet nut. I think I am just gonna try to remove the fuel line all together. the inlet retaining nut was already stripped had to use vice grips, so I think I am going to try and just get it all redone. If possible. Any suggestions on where to look are greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help thus far.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Tech All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: