Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new guy...same old question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LIVEWIRE21

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: new guy...same old question Reply with quote

hi ya,ll i,am going to buy a Cherokee or Grand Cherokee, all the smaller car lots around here, that buy at auto auctions,and all the repair shops i hang out at, tell me they will not guarantee the rear diff. what models have the weak diff? and what has the best diff to swap? i,am not car stupid...just jeep stupid Wink
i,d rather have a gun and not need it..as to need a gun and not have one. you can drive a fast car slow,but you cant drive a slow car fast a mean drunk with a tude, is no match for a scared sober man with a cue
Brad The Best

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

best diff is probably a 97 Cherokee with the Chrysler 8.25 or a 88 with a dana 44 . you can swap ether into any other year Cherokee , a grand Cherokee will need mounts welded on to swap in a Cherokee diff . because the grand uses coil springs compared the the Cherokee's leaf springs .

for the grand , best bet is probably the dana 44a , it has an alluminum housing but it is stronger then a dana 35 .

p.s the dana 35 is the axle you want to stay away from its crap , there are pictures on the Cherokee forum of all the diff's under a sticky .

the cherokee also has a better front diff , dana 30 high pinion compared to the grand cherokee with a dana 30 low pinion , the high pinion 30 is a alright axle . not great but better then the 35 .

newer cherokee's had a low pinion dana 30 in the front , i think 2000 and newer .

as for whats better a cherokee or grand , one is smaller , one has a nicer interior and one can come with a v8 .

just ask your self if you want a smaller jeep that is more rugged , or a smoother , fancyer jeep with a possible v8 .
LIVEWIRE21

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks alot, that gives me enuff info to get started on research. i always lean more toward bulletproof than fancy. thanks again,looks like i have some reading and parts searching to see whats around my area. thanks
i,d rather have a gun and not need it..as to need a gun and not have one. you can drive a fast car slow,but you cant drive a slow car fast a mean drunk with a tude, is no match for a scared sober man with a cue
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, XJ's are bulletproof and rugged? While ZJ's are fancy and smooth, but may have a V8? Did I miss something?

Neutral

Brad The Best

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xj's are definitely not bulletproof .

thats just how i think of an xj orange .
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Tech All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: