Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I may be less of a man.....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hutchman
Captain Kirk
Captain Kirk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:59 pm    Post subject: I may be less of a man..... Reply with quote

.....but I really like this one.

I bought my wife this Renegade for a retirement present. She worked hard her whole life and put up with me. I told her to pick out the car she wanted and I would pick out the drive train.

She decided she wanted this one. I thought about getting the Trailhawk version as it has a little more ground clearance and a slightly different 4WD system, but decided to get creature comforts over function. This will never be used as an offroad vehicle.

BUT, after driving this thing, I really like it. For a FWD based AWD system it works seemlessly in the snow and ice. It handles very well and is just fun to drive no matter what the road conditions. It is the perfect vehicle for her.

And FWIW, here is a picture of my new "Jeep:"

I really like this one! And I have to because I have to keep it for the next 3 years or so....tough for me.

I don't have many plans for it other than the running boards. The chrome ones come off and a new set of AMP retractables go in this coming Tuesday. It will look much better and the amps extend to a lower position which is better for my wife.
IBTJn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not surprised...it's been awhile since I've seen you buy another new rig. LOL. We were looking at that Renegade also for Sharon...but the more I looked at the crossovers (or so they call it these days) the less I liked them. Besides, she has not been happy since we sold her XJ a couple of years ago now. In fact we found a very straight '96 XJ in the area she was all hot for. But the miles on it was a deal breaker for me at almost 200k. She wanted something reliable and frankly for what they wanted for the rig ($5,500) and likely needing some engine/drivetrain work sooner than later, I just wasn't willing to cough it up. We'd be in it way too much at that point. Besides there are better XJ deals out there to be had if she really wanted to go that route.

Also, you went with a hemi this time eh? I still have my Cummins diesel and loving it. It's hardly broke in at 140k miles on the rig now. I put some stainless nurf bars last year on it (finally) because every passenger who gets into it bitched. LOL! I have the TJ for wheelin' if I want to go...the truck is a work truck.

Oh...we ended up buying Sharon a new 2015 Scion xB (last production year of it). I'm not a fan of the look but it fit the bill and has lots of room to carry the dogs around. Plus being Toyota darned reliable. Used ones were holding strong resale even with 200k miles. Price was reasonable and being the last production year with every available option probably desirable if we opt to ever sell it. Even you would have lots of room to spare in it, Hutch! We hold on to our rigs for a long time though. You guys will have new rigs in 2 years (or less) just like you said. LOL

Congrats' on the new rigs for you and Billie!
hutchman
Captain Kirk
Captain Kirk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry, I like the xB. A good friend of mine has one and loves it. We spent a day in it running around eastern ID and western WY a while back. It was comfortable for 4 all day.

Yep, no diesel this time. I'm a firm believer that for towing heavy, the diesel is the only way to go. But since we get rid of our house on wheels, I don't have a need to tow anything heavy. The new 6.4 Hemi has a steel block and was designed to be used in heavy duty pickup applications. They have 410 hp and really haul ass. These modern V8s are really cool. Lots of hp and reasonably fuel economy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Photo Album All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: